Laser Technology- Asphalt Binder LTI-210
• Fast measurement of asphalt binder rheology at 25oC.
• No RTFO or PAV Aging Required. Original binder is tested.
• Operates in the laboratory, asphalt plant or in the field.
• Test completed in as little as 2 minutes.
• Determines the Continuous and PG Grade for Binder Samples.
• Immediate test results to control binder quality on the job
• Test binders and additives to achieve optimal performance
The LTI-210 Asphalt Binder PG Grade Test Device uses a patented air jet sample deforming
device and a laser deformation sensor to measure single and multiple stress creep/recovery
characteristics of asphalt binders. The Model 210 may be used in two ways. First, the creeprecovery
signature when compared to a reference sample may be used to identify a binder and
constituents as correct. Second, the test data may be analyzed by the instrument software to
determine a binder sample Performance Grade (PG, Pen and Vis). The instrument is rugged and
can be used in the laboratory, the asphalt plant or at paving job sites for test results in as little as 2